Formica is a cheerful small scale geometric print, a popular pattern style of the 1950’s and 60’s, often reproduced at that time on laminate table surfaces for British cafes.
Our Formica pattern was found by Christopher on a fabric covering a chair he bought in 1990 at one of the great Christie’s country house sales at Nostell Priory, West Yorkshire, England.
Our printed cottons are simple, economical and versatile. They can be used for upholstery receiving light wear, while they also work wonderfully made into loose covers for furniture due to their light weight and washability. Another popular use is for curtains and blinds, as either the linings or the face fabric, plus scatter cushions, lampshades and other interiors accessories.
We offer a custom print service to our clients; we will print a bespoke colour of your choosing with a minimum order of just 100 metres. Why not use our printed cottons for all the curtain linings in your home, and choose a bespoke colour to match your interior scheme?
Our printed cottons are not pre-shrunk, therefore if you wish to wash the fabric in the future, please pre-wash it before the making up. We recommend a cool wash, and ironing on a medium setting on the reverse of the cloth.
- Name: Formica
- Range: Printed Cottons
- Colour: Stone
- Composition: 100% cotton
- Total fabric width: 138cm
- Useable fabric width: 134cm
- Repeat size: 45mm square
- Rub count face side: 35,000
- Recommended application: This fabric makes up wonderfully into blinds, curtains, cushions and lampshades. We also love it on occasional use furniture.
- Fire retardency: Complies with Cigarette Test (BS 5852, Part 1:1979, Source 0)
- Minimum order: 1 metre for retail customers, 2 metres for trade customers
- Available in increments of: 10cm
- Price: £72 per metre, including UK VAT
To request a sample or place an order get in touch with us by phone or email
We’re happy to ship anywhere in the world! Customs duties and taxes may apply if purchasing from outside the UK and we cannot predict these charges. Please account for these and be prepared to pay them upon delivery.