Satin Stripe ‘Gold / Chalk’
Our Satin Stripe has a subtle alchemy; a carefully crafted contrast of two stripes of differing weaves. The gold stripe has a light-bouncing sateen weave with cool gold-toned mercerised yarns, creating a candy cane effect. The matt chalky-white stripe is so different in appearance it almost fools you and appears as a narrow ribbon braid laid over the top of a satin fabric. Its ever-so smart!
The reverse side is very pretty and possesses a different magic. The colour is still golden but is cooler in tone than the front face. The uneven character of the linen yarns is more visible on this side resulting in a more rough-spun feel. The wide stripes are almost glittery when viewed in strong light.
Based on a fragment found well protected a few layers underneath more recent cover fabrics on an old French upholstered chair at Howe London.
Proudly woven in Lancashire, England
- Name: Satin Stripe
- Range: Stripes
- Colour: Gold / Chalk
- Composition: 16% organic cotton, 29% mercerized cotton, 55% linen
- Total fabric width: 146.5cm wide
- Useable fabric width: 143cm wide
- Repeat size: 2.9cm
- Rub count face side: 22,000
- Rub count reverse side: 20,000
- Recommended application: General domestic use
- Fire retardency: Complies with Cigarette Test (BS 5852, Part 1:1979, Source 0)
- Minimum order: 1 metre for retail customers, 2 metres for trade customers
- Available in increments of: 10cm
- Price: £180 per metre, including UK VAT
To request a sample or place an order get in touch with us by phone or email
We’re happy to ship anywhere in the world! Customs duties and taxes may apply if purchasing from outside the UK and we cannot predict these charges. Please account for these and be prepared to pay them upon delivery.