Our Straw Cloth is a very natural and simply constructed cloth, which when used in an interiors scheme adds a beautiful warm and relaxed look. Our inspiration to create this cloth came from an incredible antique French sheet that Christopher bought at a street market in Toulouse which was woven with many types of hand spun slubby linen yarns in an amazing natural array of tones.
Our version is woven in Scotland with a mixture of both combed and uncombed linen yarns in natural beige tones and bleached white, and a rougher Jute yarn which is naturally a warm apricot colour, all mixed up in a haphazard checked pattern in both the warp and weft. The only other process this cloth goes through is a warm wash and dry which shrinks the cloth, ready for use.
This cloth is really beautiful in large swathes, and works brilliantly for curtains as it hangs wonderfully. It makes up very well into blinds, scatter cushions and lampshades. Achieving 25,000 rubs, it is suitable for heavy domestic use on upholstered furniture.
- Name: Straw Cloth
- Composition: 85% Linen, 15% Jute
- Total fabric width: 149cm
- Useable fabric width: 146cm
- Rub count face side: 25,000
- Recommended application: Heavy domestic use
- Fire retardency: Complies with Cigarette Test (BS 5852, Part 1:1979, Source 0)
- Minimum order: 1 metre for retail customers, 2 metres for trade customers
- Available in increments of: 10cm
- Price: £93 per metre, including UK VAT
To request a sample or place an order get in touch with us by phone or email
We’re happy to ship anywhere in the world! Customs duties and taxes may apply if purchasing from outside the UK and we cannot predict these charges. Please account for these and be prepared to pay them upon delivery.