Humbug Ticking ‘Brown / White’
Ticking is a humble and dependable cloth, useful throughout the home in any number of places. A pattern, without making a statement; its surely impossible to tire of a simple stripe!
We designed our Humbug ticking to be the most useful fabric we could imagine. A narrow stripe in dark brown and white with a very matt surface, its the epitome of a timeless classic. Equally at home as hero or support act, its plain weave and tight construction make it surprisingly strong, with an impressive rub count of 35,000.
We would use this little stripe to make simple, elegant blinds, or as the lining for more elaborate curtains, for covering a huge sofa, fabric walling, and making up into lampshades.
The term ticking comes from the latin word theca, meaning a cover or case of cotton or linen, and at one time was also known as bed stout or bed tick. Ticking fabrics were originally woven for covering mattresses, but are now popular as an untiring classic look used throughout the home, indifferent to the continual changing tides of fashion in patterned fabrics.
Proudly woven in Lancashire, England
- Name: Humbug Ticking
- Range: Stripes
- Colour: Brown / White
- Composition: 32% organic cotton, 68% cotton
- Total fabric width: 141cm
- Useable fabric width: 139cm
- Repeat size: 0.4cm
- Rub count face side: 35,000
- Recommended application: General contract use
- Fire retardency: Complies with Cigarette Test (BS 5852, Part 1:1979, Source 0)
- Minimum order: 2 metres for retail customers, 3 metres for trade customers
- Available in increments of: 10cm
- Price: £78 per metre, including UK VAT
To request a sample or place an order get in touch with us by phone or email
We’re happy to ship anywhere in the world! Customs duties and taxes may apply if purchasing from outside the UK and we cannot predict these charges. Please account for these and be prepared to pay them upon delivery.